Notice: The Smith Lake Course experienced record winds and most the course has been leveled by trees. The course will remain closed for the remainder of the 2020 season.
We are working with DNRC to redesign the course and hope to have holes 14 to 27 open by mid spring of 2021.
Logging operations will continue through early winter in the area.
Welcome to the Smith Lake Community Disc Golf Course webpage. The course land is Montana State Trust Land administered by the Montana DNRC and is licensed to the Whitefish Disc Federation LLC (WDF) for the purpose of public disc golf. The WDF, with the help of Flathead Valley Disc Golf, raised and continues to raise the money needed to keep this course open. The lease license is not free and has an associated annual cost and as the disc golfers taking on the work and challenge of making this happen we simply ask of anyone playing:
● STATE GENERAL RECREATION LICENSE REQUIRED FOR ALL USERS. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE.
● NO LITTER. PACK OUT WHAT YOU PACK IN.
● DO NOT SMOKE WHILE PLAYING THE COURSE. SMOKE AT DESIGNATED
● DOGS MUST BE VOICE CONTROLLED OR ON A LEASH. CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG(S).
● NEVER THROW WHEN PEOPLE ARE WITHIN RANGE. BE PATIENT AND ASK TO PLAY THROUGH.
● DO NOT BREAK TREES OR BRANCHES. RESPECT THE LAND AND KEEP THIS PLACE BEAUTIFUL.
● PLEASE STAY ON SINGLE TRACK FOOT PATHS WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
● PUBLIC RESTROOMS ARE LOCATED 1 MILE UP EAST LAKESHORE DRIVE AT THE SWIFT CREEK TRAILHEAD.
● THE COURSE IS CLOSED FROM THE FIRST SNOWFALL UNTIL MAY 1 ANNUALLY.
As the group tacking the challenge of funding this course ($1500 annual fee and $600 annual insurance fee) we need your support. Please help us if you love the course and/or disc golf.
- Adopt a Hole – Our Adopt a Hole program is a way to sponsor the equipment we need to build a hole. Individuals and businesses that Adopt a Hole will have a medallion at the t-box of each hole with your name or your business name on it. We’d do even more but this is what the State of Montana allows in our lease. Your information will also be listed at our course kiosk as an original contributor and participant of the Adopt a Hole program. For $525 you’ll be helping us buy one DGA Mach III basket ($375 + shipping), a thick high traction rubber t-pad, materials for a custom t-sign, treated lumber for tbox frames, a sleeve for the basket (to hold it in the round), and any additional signage the hole may require. With up to 100 people a day playing at the current course get your business noticed and gain disc golfer loyalty today in our Adopt a Hole Program!
- Make a donation of any amount through PayPal. If a 100 players just pitched in $20 a year we’d reach most our annual base expense costs! Help us today with a donation for our annual fee, our insurance, and our initial bond we’ll have to put up of $2500. Every dollar helps so please donate!
- Get Involved! – We’ll be posting course work days at the kiosk coming in June of 2019.